Although much of the canon information about the Mandalorian-Jedi War is still up in the air, here’s what we know so far. This is the history, explained.
As odd as it sounds, the war started because the Mandalorians did not understand the Jedi when they first encountered them. Even at the end of The Mandalorian season 1, the Armorer describes the Jedi as “an order of sorcerers.”
Due to this lack of understanding, the Mandalorians created weapons and armor to better combat these mysterious new opponents. In 2017, Comicbook.com interviewed Dave Filoni about how the Star Wars: Rebels episode “Trials of the Darksaber”. He explained,
“The Mandalorian-Jedi War that I have in my mind is very much derived from the oldest style of thinking of Mandalorians, which was that their weapons, their arsenal, their technology had a massive increase once they collided with the Jedi and found these force-wielding people that had abilities they didn’t understand.”
Watch the video for more about The History Of The Mandalorian-Jedi War Explained!
- The cause of the War | 0:00
- The Mandalorian Crusades | 1:00
- The Darksaber | 1:42
- The end of the war | 2:26
- The New Mandalorians | 2:58
- Death Watch | 3:42
- The Shadow Collective | 4:48
- Mandalorian resistance | 5:35
- Bo-Katan and the Darksaber | 6:26
- Ahsoka Tano and The Child | 7:09
- Din Djarin: Ruler of Mandalore | 8:07